Thursday 4 October 2012

questions to consider

from my analysis i have raised the following questions to consider when making my own content.

-Who is my target audience?
my target audience is that of my broadcaster (E4) (, young people aged 15-35
-How will i appeal to the target audience?
I will follow the conventions of the genre selected, whilst tweaking it to add issues and content that the target audience can relate to
-What kind of setting will I use to make my content more immersive?
A realistic working class setting will make my content more immerisive, again due to the majority of the target audience's ability to relate to it
 -How will i cast the characters to make them more appealing to the target audience and make the target audience relate to the characters?
I will cast most of my main characters within the age bracket of my target audience, in order to make the issues raised in the programme (that will be designed to be typical of that age group) seem more believable and ultimately make my programme have a greater degree of escapism
- What kind of editing will I use to convey desired meaning to my target audience?
I will use a variety of editing. in dramatic moments i will use fast paced editing in order to convey an exciting tone to the audience, where as in slower moments with a heavy ammount of dialogue i will use a lot of shot reverse shot editing in order to put emphasis on the importance of the conversations
 -What kind of lighting will I use to maintain my desired mood and atmosphere?
In light hearted situations i will use a lot of high key lighting mainly. However in darker situations, i may use low key lighting, and perhaps even some chiaroscuro lighting in order to convey a sense of mystery to the audience
- What signifiers will i use to convey desired meanings?
I will use signifiers that can be appropriately structured and presented within the scene i am producing
- how will i make sure the signified aspects of my show are in context?
I will make sure the signifiers within my show are in context, bby implanting them within scene that fit the mood and tone of what is being signified
 -How will i anchor the meaning of the signs in my show?
I will anchor meaning by using conventions of the sleected genre (drama) that i am producing

1 comment:

  1. Good set of questions. It may be worth consider the technical aspects of your programme also. Make sure you use these questions during the planning stage.

    ReplyDelete